Manning’s Office Solutions | In-House Shredding vs. Professional Shredding
A secured, locked container will be placed in your office. It holds over 100 lbs. of documents.
In-House Shredding Costs More Than You Think!
It is estimated that businesses spend $171.12 to shred 100 lbs. of paper. This cost may seem high, but when you consider it takes over 7.5 hours for employees to shred 100 lbs. (9,090 pages), based on a high-capacity shredder handling 20 pages a minute, you can see how quickly labor costs add up.
Shredding is not just the amount of time in front of the shredding machine, it also involves:
- Sorting documents
- Picking up and straightening the paper
- Cleaning up paper residue
- Disposing of the shredded paper
- Sharpening, oiling or replacing the shredding machine’s blades
In addition, equipment and energy usage need to be factored when calculating the real costs of shredding in-house.
Benefits of Our Professional Shredding:
- Significantly less expensive than in-house shredding
- 100% NAID Certified (National Association of Information Destruction)
- Receive a Certificate of Destruction that proves you have handled sensitive documents properly
- Reduces your liability exposure and fine risks
- Allows employees to do their jobs instead of feeding the shredder
- No need to replace broken shredders
- You won’t have to buy bags and dispose of shredded paper
- Reduces security risks because your employees are more likely to place documents into a secure container, rather than leave them on desks waiting to be shredded
- Nationwide service
- We also can help you dispose of electronic waste, which must meet the same compliance laws as printed documents